Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday 4/21

Today I just have some photos taken outside an antique place near my mother's as we went to visit her. A mistake on my part, I should have stayed here, called in a short argument on the phone rather than wasting all day to drive there. The girls went shopping and I went to an antique place just to get out and take some photos and get my mind off of reality.
I am not sure what this statue was all about as I have seen none like it before.
Another statue with a tricycle and a pot. Strange combination there.
Not all statues, no they had vintage 1952 Ford F6 rust!
And what did I see next? It was Santa and his drunken reindeer laying over against the wall with Santa standing there as if to say "Hey!".
Finally my kind of chairs, they used to call these motel chairs as you would see them setting in front of those 1950s single story motels that were every few miles along the valley road.

Back home and took care of afternoon chores and now it is clouding and rain is predicted for tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. Would be fun to restore that old Ford though. Sorry you didn't have such a fun trip though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the hood up as I was afraid it might fall off on the ground or something but it said V8 and I could see it had at least a 4 speed in the floor, maybe more. A real heavy duty for it's day but probably used up as they used to run those old trucks until they wouldn't go any more. It would be neat to keep the old flathead as they just had that look about them.

      Delete
  2. Interesting assortment of antiques. Sorry you didn't have the most fun trip.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more fun outside the store than I did inside. I keep making the trip but I am a slow learner I guess.

      Delete
  3. I love those red chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they make them new but these were old ones from what I could tell. I have some but the metal is wearing out near the ground and they collapse. I like them, they are so 1950s.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They were all slightly different though from a distance it looked like a set.

      Delete
  5. Cool photos, I love the old Ford!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been there before but the light was just good so I just had to take some photos.

      Delete
  6. sometimes when it comes to family, it takes a long time to learn lessons! i love those chairs! we are expecting rain today and we sure need it. we are dry already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need the ground to dry so that I can till the garden, no rain needed right now and they say a tenth of an inch but who knows.

      Delete
  7. That stinks your trip didn't go well. But at least you got to see some interesting sights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I went by 2 of the places that Tanya just posted about.

      Delete
  8. As a child I recall someone having those style chairs. They were hot to sit on in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you want them in the shade for sure!

      Delete
  9. sorry your visit was stressful :( love the antique store finds, especially those chairs! how much were they? and thanks for the info on the road...now i've got to ride back over there and look for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were 45 each but I imagine they could be talked down some, it is the place just north of Lexington near tractor supply.
      There is another piece of that road behind the North Star.

      Delete
    2. don't you just hate it when a visit goes wrong and you think of all the things you could be doing instead! Finding weird and eclectic objects is the fun part of antique browsing for me SF. Are you going back for the chairs?

      Delete
    3. I won't go back after them as I have several of them laying here broken, the metal wears out near the ground. I just need to figure out how to fix them.

      Delete