Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday 1/26

Made a trip in to Blackdog Salvage on Thursday and found that the Chinaman was having a better day than when I last saw him. Ah grasshopper......
I dropped off the painting of the barn cat and took a few photos in color this time. I was meeting my buddy greg for lunch so didn't have a lot of time. I could spend hours over there walking and looking at all the neat things and of course taking strange photos.
Lots of color in the stained glass area for sure. I will come back when I have more time and do another shoot.

It was below freezing for several days so when we finally got a little snow on Friday, it stuck. Of course it sticks better to things that lay around and don't move. Houdini was baffled at the whole thing but Moodini went in the shed and got out of the mess. Duh!
Dusty stayed out in if for awhile but I took him to the stable when it got heavy and he continued feasting on hay.
The chickens were not happy about the cold and snow but took time to work on a banana peel.
 The creek never froze even though everything else did. It has been so cold that it was hard to keep water for the animals yesterday. Everything froze solid and required steel to break the ice. There must be warm spring water coming into the creek.
Aggy was greatly amused at the whole thing and ran at full speed every chance she got.
I had a hard time keeping the house warm as the cold just seemed to be in the walls and I kept the furnace full of wood for about a day. Finally it is above freezing and we got out to get some internet.

 


12 comments:

  1. thats a great place to visit, I love the stained glass, hope your cold spell has gone for good,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still warm today, which is wednesday i think. Anyway they say more cold is coming.

      Delete
  2. we are about to have the big thaw and rain. it is going to be in the 60's on tuesday and wednesday. i need more winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need any more winter, warm is fine, I would plant beans next week if I could.

      Delete
  3. Boy do I know the happy dog in the snow trot well! That is a great picture of my favorite boy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houdini is learning about rain and snow, it goes away if you go inside!

      Delete
  4. My chickens love bananas too. You know what's weird? Our rooster disappeared last week but we have a new hen in his place. We have NO idea where this hen came from. We even called the neighbors and asked but no one seems to know anything. It's quite a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess that someone's dog brought your rooster home and they replaced it but who knows, I have never has such good luck as to have a rooster disappear and a hen appear in it's place.

      Delete
  5. I love the picture of the creek! I read somewhere recently that your not supposed to feed bananas to chickens. I don't remember the reasoning or if it was a credible source. I'm sure the don't feed to animals list is huge, how did people make it before the internet LOL!!!!! Stay warm, it's supposed to be 75 here Monday, I hope the meterologists are right!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably gives the chickens cancer if they eat 100 pounds of it a day. By the time a bunch of them fight over the little bit of peel, there isn't much that will hurt them. They eat all kinds of strange stuff but won't eat some stuff that people eat like turnips and potatoes.

      Delete
  6. ha, look at aggy enjoying herself...dogs are always so happy! i bet the animals will like this warm up we are in for, i know i will! love that stained glass, especially the red/clear checkerboard! where did you and your friend end up for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ended up at the Indian place on Franklin road, there is no hope that I would spell the name right but it is something like Tazza. We used to go downtown but every time they do anything, they take away a bunch of parking places and I won't pay to park so I just figure Roanoke doesn't want me to eat down there.

      Delete