Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday 1/18

We got heavy snow last night  but it was falling on warm and wet ground so it didn't build up but to about 3 inches and that was hard enough to walk on at first light.
Nice to look at but I was glad to see it start melting after the sun got up good.
I just left Dusty over at the stable today as the grass was covered and he seemed happy to eat hay all day.
The boys got lots of hay and grain today.
Brought over a couple wheelbarrow loads of straw and put it in the calf house as after heavy rain and now snow, the place was getting to be a mess.
By late afternoon the green was reappearing and the water was flowing again everywhere. This has been a wet week.
Debbie and I gave Dusty more hay this afternoon and then walked up the trail and had to go around a few fallen trees so I will have to do some wood cutting.
The roads are mostly clean with a little ice here and there in shade areas.

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks so clean and tidy with snow on the gorund. It's how wet everything is afterwards that I hate. Nice photos withs your barn in the distance

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that green looks lovely coming through the snow,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green is good, only a couple months until spring.

      Delete
  3. The boys are getting so big! I with you on the snow, it's nice for a minute but I'm glad when it doesn't stick around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a couple nice days since the snow but cold is coming.

      Delete
  4. I like the pics with the snow. We get snow and it does stay around for a long time. I don't really mind it too much, but am glad when it's gone and I can get out and tap trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see anyone tapping around here, we have sugar maples though, probably too warm or something.

      Delete